The GSPre is the nerve center of a system – not only directing signals and providing attenuation, but also interpreting and deciphering complex signals to create a musical story with the drama and intrigue befitting your favorite songs. The job of a preamplifier is to do its work discretely, leaving the musical signal with as little signature as possible yet still unraveling the chapters that comprise the lyrical narratives of the source material. With decades of expertise creating some of the finest preamplifiers ever produced, the GSPre is certain to continue the legacy on which Audio Research has built its reputation.
The GSPre is both a line stage and phono stage, with programmable functionality and flexibility, making it the perfect solution to adapt and grow in your system. The phono stage is no mere afterthought, but a separate, vacuum tube-powered circuit providing enough gain for a variety of phono cartridges. When listening conditions require a more personal experience, the GSPre also has a headphone amplifier capable of driving a range of headphone impedances. The front panel layout is designed to simply and clearly display all functions and information, and integrates beautifully with the rest of the chassis and the G-Series amplifier.
• Stereo Vacuum tube Line and Phono preamplifier with Headphone amplifier in one attractive package.
• Pure Class-A differential amplifiers in the Line stages, no feedback.
• Pure Class-A SE amplifiers in the Phono stages, no feedback.
• VF display with Blue LED's for Phono Loads and mode selected, and rotating Volume & Input Select encoder.
• Hand held IR Remote and RS-232 and remote IR inputs for whole home audio system.
• Balance and SE input/output.
• 7 levels of voltage regulation and a low noise R-core power transformer.
• Phono stage features low noise JFET inputs and 6H30 outputs as well as programmable loading.
• Line stage features low noise JFET inputs and 2 parallel 6H30 outputs.
• Features custom designed coupling capacitors in the line and phono stages.
• +12v trigger output to turn on power amplifier and other system components.
• Low distortion vacuum tube headphone amplifier designed for driving a wide impedance range, 30-300 ohms.
• Removable 15A IEC power cord.